- The Christian Education Committee at Faith Lutheran wants to share some important information with you.
- We encourage and welcome your child(ren) (age 4 through 6th grade) to attend Sunday School every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- There is a very specific set of bible verses, prayers, and bible stories that we want every child to know before they reach 7th grade confirmation classes. We have enclosed a copy for your use at home with your children. We wanted you to know what we are expecting of the children. By providing a copy to you, we hope you will work with your children reinforcing what is being taught at Sunday School.
- For safety purposes registration forms must be completed soon. They are available in the Narthex and online. These forms ask for a phone number to call you if necessary during the Sunday School hour. The form is required while the $15 registration ($45 max/family) is optional. The $15 is appreciated in order to cover the expense of the digital curriculum if your finances allow.
- For safety purposes we need you to be with your children until 10:00 a.m. each Sunday. Our teachers are volunteers who are willing to lead the educational activities occurring from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. When the church service finishes early, please keep your children with you during the fellowship time up until 10:00 a.m. No adult supervision is provided in the Sunday School classrooms until 10:00 a.m. The church cannot have unsupervised children in the classrooms.
- Our education program has a zero tolerance policy for weapons. Pocket knives are covered in this policy. Any weapons will require an immediate parental conference.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the classrooms so the students cannot bring their cookies & juice into the back of the church. Teachers may make exceptions based on the age and maturity of the students.
Important dates to put on your home calendar:
- September 9th Rally Day – first day of Sunday School
- September 16th – First Day of Sunday School
- October 7th – Grades 3-5th Sing During Worship Service
- October 21st – Sunday School Still in Session – No Music
- November 4th – Grades Preschool-2nd Sing During Worship Service
- November 25th – No Sunday School (Thanksgiving)
- December 2nd – Christmas Program Rehearsal from 10AM- 11:30AM
- December 9th – Christmas Program Rehearsal from 10AM- 11:30AM
- December 9th – Christmas Program at 4PM
- December 16th – No Sunday School – Pastor Steve’s Farewell Reception
- December 16th – Christmas Program Backup Date (in case of bad weather on the 9th)
- December 23rd – No Sunday School
- December 30th – No Sunday School
- January 13th – Annual Meeting – Sunday School in Session – Kids Sing During Worship Service
- April 14th – Palm Sunday – Kids Sing During Worship Service
- April 21st – Easter Sunday -No Sunday School
- May 5th – Confirmation Sunday – No Sunday School
- May 19th – Last Day of Sunday School
Our Discipline Policy:
We ask our volunteer teachers to alert the Superintendent if they have any concerns about your child’s negative behavior during Sunday School. We ask that you contact your child’s teacher directly to discuss any concerns you have. Please contact the Superintendent if you feel the actions of a teacher are questionable. (Please be respectful of everyone involved and hold these discussions privately.) Should the teacher call you, PLEASE listen to their concerns and be supportive of any corrective action they might request. Our teachers are volunteers and have only 40 minutes once a week to deliver important biblical based information. Your support is critical. If the teacher, with your support, cannot reach a positive solution, the Superintendent will be contacted. The Superintendent, in cooperation with other members of the education committee, will work with you, your child, and the teacher to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
Lastly, we need your help to make a positive difference in the Christian education of your children. The Sunday School Superintendent, will be calling on you. Our teaching staff is composed of parent volunteers. Your children need parents to volunteer 16 hours of teaching time and one hour of time for teacher orientation. Under this arrangement, you can choose to be a co-teacher – teaching every other week. No past teaching experience is needed. Teaching Sunday School is a very positive faith growing experience. Our teaching materials are wonderful aides. Your child needs you to volunteer. Consider contacting the current Superintendent today and ask how you can volunteer.
The Christian Education Committee
Scott Oberg (supt.), Cindy Thorland, Tina Hursh, Jenny Casper, and Tami Rhea