- The Christian Education Committee at Faith Lutheran wants to share some important information with you.
- We encourage and welcome your child(ren) (age 4 through 6th grade) to attend Sunday School every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- There is a very specific set of bible verses, prayers, and bible stories that we want every child to know before they reach 7th grade confirmation classes. We have enclosed a copy for your use at home with your children. We wanted you to know what we are expecting of the children. By providing a copy to you, we hope you will work with your children reinforcing what is being taught at Sunday School.
- For safety purposes registration forms must be completed soon. They are available in the Narthex and online. These forms ask for a phone number to call you if necessary during the Sunday School hour. The form is required while the $15 registration ($45 max/family) is optional. The $15 is appreciated in order to cover craft costs if your finances allow.
- For safety purposes we need you to be with your children until 10:00 a.m. each Sunday. Our teachers are volunteers who are willing to lead the educational activities occurring from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. When the church service finishes early, please keep your children with you during the fellowship time up until 10:00 a.m. No adult supervision is provided in the Sunday School classrooms until 10:00 a.m. The church cannot have unsupervised children in the classrooms.
- Our education program has a zero tolerance policy for weapons. Pocket knives are covered in this policy. Any weapons will require an immediate parental conference.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the classrooms so the students cannot bring their cookies & juice into the back of the church.
Important dates to put on your home calendar:
- September 10th Rally Day – first day of Sunday School
- September 17 – First Day of Sunday School
- October 15 – No Music
- November 5 – No Music
- November 26 – No Sunday School
- December 10 – Christmas Program
- December 17 – Christmas Program date in case of bad weather on the 10th
- December 24 – No Sunday School
- December 31 – No Sunday School
- January 28 (TBD)- Annual Meeting
- March 25 – Palm Sunday (kids sing)
- April 1 – Easter Sunday -No Sunday School
- May 6 – Confirmation – No Sunday School
- May 20 – Last Day of Sunday School
Our Discipline Policy:
We ask our volunteer teachers to call you directly if they have any concerns about your child’s behavior during Sunday School. We ask that you contact your child’s teacher directly to discuss any concerns you have as well. (Please be respectful of everyone involved and hold these discussions privately.) Should the teacher call you, PLEASE listen to their concerns and be supportive of any corrective action they might request. Our teachers are volunteers and have only 40 minutes once a week to deliver important biblically based information. Your support is critical. If the teacher, with your support, cannot reach a positive solution, the Superintendent (Scott Oberg) will be contacted. They, in cooperation with other members of the education committee, will work with you, your child, and the teacher to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
Lastly, we need your help to make a positive difference in the Christian education of your children. Scott Oberg, Sunday School Superintendent, will be calling you. Our teaching staff is composed of parent volunteers. Your children need parents to volunteer 16 hours of teaching time and one hour of time for teacher orientation. Under this arrangement, you can choose to be a co-teacher – teaching every other week. No past teaching experience is needed. Teaching Sunday School is a very positive faith growing experience. Our teaching materials are wonderful aides. Your child needs you to volunteer. Consider contacting Scott today at ([email protected]).
The Christian Education Committee
Scott Oberg (supt.), Beverly Apse, Cindy Thorland, and Tina Hursh