The Faith Lutheran Christian Education Committee is looking forward to the upcoming year! It is nearing the time to register your child/children for Sunday School. You are welcome to use the online form, complete the attached fillable pdf form and email it to [email protected]gmail.com, or fill out a paper copy and put it in the box at the Sunday School registration/donation collection table during one of the upcoming Sunday services. We are hoping to have students registered on or before the first day of Sunday School on September 8th (Rally Sunday).
Also, thank you to those of you who have expressed an interest in teaching, we still have several teaching opportunities available. There are options to co-teach, which would be a commitment of about 15 Sundays per teacher. With co-teaching you work out a schedule with the other teacher, but really only teach 2 Sundays of each month. We provide a curriculum that you can work directly out of, or use it to jumpstart ideas that will work well with your class. Music is 20 minutes so teaching is about 35-40 minutes each Sunday.
Our students depend on parents to get involved, please consider volunteering to teach. If you can help, please reply to this email by Saturday, 8/31.
Thank you and please feel free to contact any of the committee members with questions,
- The Christian Education Committee at Faith Lutheran wants to share some important information with you.
- We encourage and welcome your child(ren) (age 4 through 6th grade) to attend Sunday School every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- There is a very specific set of bible verses, prayers, and bible stories that we want every child to know before they reach 7th grade confirmation classes. We have enclosed a copy for your use at home with your children. We wanted you to know what we are expecting of the children. By providing a copy to you, we hope you will work with your children reinforcing what is being taught at Sunday School.
- For safety purposes registration forms must be completed soon. They are available in the Narthex and online. These forms ask for a phone number to call you if necessary during the Sunday School hour. The form is required while the $15 registration ($45 max/family) is optional. The $15 is appreciated in order to cover the expense of the digital curriculum if your finances allow.
- For safety purposes we need you to be with your children until 10:00 a.m. each Sunday. Our teachers are volunteers who are willing to lead the educational activities occurring from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. When the church service finishes early, please keep your children with you during the fellowship time up until 10:00 a.m. No adult supervision is provided in the Sunday School classrooms until 10:00 a.m. The church cannot have unsupervised children in the classrooms.
- Our education program has a zero tolerance policy for weapons. Pocket knives are covered in this policy. Any weapons will require an immediate parental conference.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the classrooms so the students cannot bring their cookies & juice into the back of the church. Teachers may make exceptions based on the age and maturity of the students.
Important dates to put on your home calendar:
- September 8th Rally Day – first day of Sunday School
- September 15th – First Day of Sunday School
- October 20th – No music time
- November 17th – Music Rehearsal extended 15 Min: Grades 3-5th only
- November 24th – Yes, there is Sunday School
- December 1st – No classes / Thanksgiving
- December 8th – Christmas Program Rehearsal from 10AM- 11:30AM All Grades
- December 15th – Christmas program rehearsal 10-11:30 am. Christmas Program at 2:30 PM (No back-up date for Christmas Program)
- December 22nd – No Sunday School / Christmas
- December 29th – No Sunday School / New Year
- January 5th – Sunday School in Session
- April 5th – Palm Sunday – Kids Sing During Worship Service
- April 12th – Easter Sunday -No Sunday School
- May 3rd – Confirmation Sunday – No Sunday School
- May 10th – Mother’s Day: all grades sing
- May 17th – Last Day of Sunday School
Our Discipline Policy:
We ask our volunteer teachers to alert the Superintendent if they have any concerns about your child’s negative behavior during Sunday School. We ask that you contact your child’s teacher directly to discuss any concerns you have. Please contact the Superintendent if you feel the actions of a teacher are questionable. (Please be respectful of everyone involved and hold these discussions privately.) Should the teacher call you, PLEASE listen to their concerns and be supportive of any corrective action they might request. Our teachers are volunteers and have only 40 minutes once a week to deliver important biblical based information. Your support is critical. If the teacher, with your support, cannot reach a positive solution, the Superintendent will be contacted. The Superintendent, in cooperation with other members of the education committee, will work with you, your child, and the teacher to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
Lastly, we need your help to make a positive difference in the Christian education of your children. The Sunday School Superintendent, will be calling on you. Our teaching staff is composed of parent volunteers. Your children need parents to volunteer 16 hours of teaching time and one hour of time for teacher orientation. Under this arrangement, you can choose to be a co-teacher – teaching every other week. No past teaching experience is needed. Teaching Sunday School is a very positive faith growing experience. Our teaching materials are wonderful aides. Your child needs you to volunteer. Consider contacting the current Superintendent today and ask how you can volunteer.
The Christian Education Committee
Jenny Casper; Cathleen Dandrea; Amy Dessner; Tina Hursh; Tami Rhea